What is Shopify SEO?
Shopify SEO simply means SEO improvements to a shopify website to boost the rankings in search engine results. When you optimize your online store for search engines such as Google and Bing to get more visitors, you open your self up to increased ecommerce sales.
Essentials To Boost Your Store’s Google Rank
Rising up Google’s ranks for your online store isn’t easy. But, it is possible with some clever SEO techniques.
- Pick the perfect keywords or phrases that actually sell your product.
- Place the keywords in appropriate places such as title, descriptions, image alt, headers and product descriptions.
- Connect the most relevant products or pages with internal links.
- Create backlinks for your Shopify store from other relevant websites.
- Customer Reviews will showcase customer satisfaction.
- Avoid having error pages, As these errors will increase the bounce rate.
- Use the built-in feature from Shopify and start blogging frequently.
- Shopify automatically generates a sitemap.xml file
The 7 most common Shopify SEO issues include:
- Inability to change Shopify title, description of tag pages
- Reducing duplicate content caused by Shopify theme.
- Forced product URL structure generated by Shopify
- Locked robots.txt
- Duplicate page titles issues in GWT
- No customization of pages
- Character limits on page titles, meta descriptions
- Poor initial template selection
Shopify is a powerful, user-friendly platform. This will let you create a website, organize and customize your products, still there are lots of restrictions on what you can do.
Most of the common, technical Shopify SEO pitfalls can be worked around, if you are still searching for a solution, let us help you out. Contact us for a free Shopify SEO analysis of your website. The Ecommerce SEO experts will suggest which will work best for you.
Planning to Migrate Your Online Store to Shopify?
Are you planning to migrate your store to Shopify from another platform? Follow below steps
- Backup your data before migration.
- Configure your basic administrative settings, your accounts, billing, and payment related information.
- Import your store’s products, content, and blog data to Shopify.
- Organize your products after migration
- Use free or paid themes to make your website look great.
- Purchase domain through Shopify, and set up your new domain
- Set up your shipping, exchange, refund policies.
- Define your taxes based on shipping location.
- Set up a payment provider (Shopify payment provider, third party payment providers)
- Test the transactions by placing some test orders.
- Invite your customers to create online store accounts, or give them access from their google or Facebook accounts.
- Redirect the visitors(traffic) from your old online store website to the new Shopify store.
If you are still facing issues while migrating your old store to the new Shopify store, Contact us for a free Shopify SEO Analysis.